black t shirt|
Gobi Manchurian is an Indo-Chinese dish, very popular in India. Renowned as a starter recipe, Gobi Manchurian is spicy, delicious and appears dry or with a little gravy. Chinese style preparations are a favorite with Indians. The original preparation of these Chinese recipes has been altered to suit the taste of Indians. However the basic ingredient remains constant. For example, usage of cilantro leaves is a part of our Indian alteration. ‘Manchurian’ has several variations – mixed vegetables, cauliflower/gobi, chicken or even lamb(minced) can be included. However gobi/cauliflower manchurian stands as the highly rated recipe owing to the distinguished taste and flavor.
I am going to illustrate the preparatory steps of ‘Gobi/Cauliflower Manchurian’, a tasty and mouth watering recipe, in a simplified version:
To make 4 grand servings, you will need:
- Cauliflower – 1 kg
- Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Bengal gram powder – 1/2 cup
- Salt – As required
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Rice flour (if available) – 1 tsp
For preparing gravy:
- Onions(big) – 2- 3 nos
- Green capsicum – 1 no
- Red capsicum – 1 no
- Spring onions – A bunch
- Green chillies – 5 – 6 nos(finely sliced)
- Garlic pods – 4 -5 nos(finely sliced)
- Soya sauce – 4 tbsp
- Ajino moto – A pinch
- White pepper – As required
- Salt – As required
- Cut the onions and capsicum into big pieces like four halves and separate the onions.
- Spring onions should be finely chopped.
- Garlic and green chillies should be finely chopped. To look better, you can cut it in an angle.
Preparation method of gobi Manchurian:
- Mix together the Bengal gram powder, corn flour, rice flour, chilly powder and salt using either milk or water.
- Cut the cauliflower into smaller florets and marinate in the batter for 30 mins.
- Deep fry in oil making sure that the cauliflower is well covered by the batter.
- Heat some oil in another pan.
- Fry the garlic and green chillies, till an aroma comes.
- Add onions, capsicum and a little bit of spring onions.
- Stir fry, till cooked.
- Add some water followed by the soya sauce, ajino moto, salt and white pepper.
- Allow it to boil.
- Cook in low heat till the vegetables are cooked.
- After about 15 minutes, in medium flame, add the fried cauliflower to the gravy.
- To make a thick gravy, add 1 tbsp of corn flour in water, make a paste and pour into the boiling gravy.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onions.
Serve with fried rice.
write by Benedict