black t shirt|
The how-to guide on getting Awesome at Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I myself have wanted to rip my hair out numerous times on occasions such as getting spawn trapped by a group of tanks or killed by a UMP about sixty miles away, (Sniper Range.)
1. First tip, always, and I mean always, distribute your focus around classes. I’ve unlocked the second last gun in every class and you know why this is an advantage? It’s not because it makes me more l33t, it’s because it means I can adjust to any and every situation. If I’m defending on a map where there is no higher ground with cover and just lots of buildings, do I really want to snipe? NO! I want to use Engineering or Assault to blow up the vehicles and spray wildly.
2. Don’t get angry. Believe me, I know how annoying it is to get killed by a random grenade or the such, but when you get pissed off and start screaming, you psych yourself out to do worse. It sounds weird and that I may be whacked – but it’s actually true. I find if I get angry in a game, I steadily get worse. If I stay calm, I play through the retarded circumstance and get a nice score.
3. Always go for the objective if attacking on Rush. I know it sounds basic and obvious – but the majority of players on Rush just like farming some bitches for their K.D. This is the worst possible thing to do, 9 times out of 10, the defenders will win that kind of game. Just break out an assault gun (Preferably a Shotgun with 12G Slugs) and keep charging for the bomb. The best thing to do is to not K.D. whore with the helicopter, but use it to drop people straight into the building where the bomb is – believe me, works every time.
4. Never waste your time getting in Helicopter turrets unless you’re obeying my above point. The majority of players on BFBC2 seem unable to comprehend flying a Helicopter well and seem to always (and spontaneously) crash into the nearest hill then wait for the next helicopter like rabid dogs. This is an extreme time waster, and even if you get a decent pilot, chances are there might possibly be a couple of engineers on the other team who will use ALL of their time taking you down like the son of a b*tch you are.
5. The Final Step! The Final Step is don’t knife people. I don’t care about the immense satisfaction of plunging your knife into a sniper’s back and then the bronze dog tag flashing up on your screen like winning a slot machine. It. Almost. Always. Fails. I don’t know how much I can emphasize this, but I’ve done and had it done to me on numerous occasions. You see someone who hasn’t moved and is aiming carefully at someone else and you think ‘Heh, easy dog tag!’ So instead of getting an easy headshot, you go all the way up the hill and make the huge leap to knife them. 9 times out of 10 you will get killed by another enemy player, or you’ll miss, then wasting your time and giving the enemy a free kill. Always shoot and move on – just like robbing a bank!
write by Eira