[ux_latest_products columns=”4″ title=”Check our Latest products!”]
Custom T-shirts are often designed by young designers as an indication of their creativity and skill. Custom T-shirts are very easy to print, they have a high demand and the cost is remarkably low. These features attract people to this business. Serious entrepreneurs have to find regular clients if they want to extend their venture to a full time business. In the highly competitive world of custom T-shirt printing, what will force people to come to you? The answer lies in beautiful yet unique designs and low costs.
You will need these items for your business: Appliques, iron, camera and fabric paint.
Steps to follow:
- Launch an online store where you can sell your products. An excellent place for this would be Cafe Press, where people from all over the country find customers for their custom printed T-shirts, mugs and other articles. You should display photographs of your sample T-shirts which showcase your creativity and your designer skills.
- Make extensive use of social networking websites like Twitter and Facebook to reach to your target audience. You should make a Facebook group that has photos of your sample T-shirts, your contact information and your price list. Using Twitter, you can draw attention to blog posts, photos and web links about your business.
- To attract people towards your online store, you should display such pictures as are attractive and speak about your skills. You can photograph your friends in your custom T-shirts. You can also use pictures taken at public places and events where people wear you custom T-shirts.
- Another good idea is to offer discounts on bulk orders, as this will help you in getting large orders. The price of T-shirts should decrease with the number of shirts ordered. Huge orders decrease your cost and allow you to earn some more profit, while decreasing the customer’s costs at the same time.
- Market your T-shirt printing skills among students by contacting student life departments at local colleges and universities. All types of groups can use your T-shirts to distinguish themselves, ranging from student societies to football clubs. Give away free shirts among students for advertising.
- You can also partner with an established accessory or sneaker designer, such as Royalefam to reach out to more customers. Such studios create T-shirts, shoes and other fashion accessories which are very popular among the public and are often based on a particular theme. Your profits may decrease in the beginning, but in the long run, you will be able to cater to a large group of customers, already attached to your partner.
- Offer your T-shirt printing services to political parties and candidates during an election season. When the election campaigns are going on, market your T-shirt printing services among political parties and candidates. You may get an order for T-shirts from them, which may be used by these parties in their fundraising campaign. You may also get permission to sell your T-shirts at election events.
- Find the best boutiques in your area and meet their owners. Offer your custom printed T-shirts to them for display in their racks. You should provide them with your price list, your samples and your future designs, so that they know all about your T-shirt printing business. Contact them afterwards to know which owners are interested in displaying your T-shirts and can display your T-shirts to the best of advantage.
- Meet up with minor league teams in your area. Market your T-shirt printing skills to them. A well known team, the Green Bay Blizzard, distributes thousands of custom printed T-shirts for the promotion of games and pro shop sales. Sports fan in your community will come to know about your business. You can easily get large orders from them.
- Your local music bands would be other potential customers. Visit the live music venues in your area and make contact with the band members. Talk to them about your business and their needs for printed T-shirts. You will not get huge profits from local music T-shirts but you will gain some revenue by the sales at shows.
For American audience, I really recommend Newtons Custom printed bags & Shirts designs for creating their own unique designs under experts umbrella. You will glad to hear that they do not charge Setup charges and you will save around $30 to $80.
write by Dominic Kujawa