[ux_latest_products columns=”4″ title=”Check our Latest products!”]
Is it safe to perform toxic black mold removal ourselves in our homes? If the area of contamination is small enough, you wear the appropriate protection equipment, and you do not have mold sensitivities, then yes, you can perform toxic black mold removal yourself. But you also need to address your comfort level with dealing with the mold – in the end, professional remediation may be the best alternative.
Black mold is only considered toxic if it secretes mycotoxins, and this can only be known if a sample is taken from your home and tested by a lab. The most common toxic black mold found in homes is of the genera Stachybotrys. Its mycotoxins have been experimented with by militaries as a chemical warfare agent, thus it can be very deadly, especially when ingested, although if inhaled, it can result in shock and even death. Therefore, extreme caution must reign supreme when dealing with toxic black mold in our homes.
The first step in mold removal is proper personal protective equipment. This means a N95 respirator, which is approved for mold removal. You should also wear eye goggles and rubber gloves. Long pants, long-sleeve shirts, and closed shoes are also a necessity. Basically, you want to cover your entire body to reduce the risk of mold spores and mycotoxins coming in contact with your body.
If you have any type of mold sensitivities you should definitely not try any type of mold removal yourself – you are just asking for trouble. Whenever mold is disturbed, whether removal or just being brushed against, mold spores are released. You will basically be bombarded by mold spores, which could seriously aggravate any condition you have.
In the same manner, even if you don’t have mold sensitivities, being bombarded by spores can still cause a reaction, hence the need for personal protection equipment by anyone dealing with any mold.
ou also want to contain the area as much as possible. This will reduce the amount of mold spores and mycotoxins that will be released in your home. If possible, have a fan pushing the air from inside where you are working to outside of the house to send the spores outside.
write by Cyril / Cyrus