[ux_latest_products columns=”4″ title=”Check our Latest products!”]
Among all the places, hill stations have always been on the top of the list that tourists wish to explore. Manali, with its very pleasant weather throughout the year, is the most spectacular hill station in North India. One more astonishing destination to enjoy hilly retreats is Ladakh, placed between the Karakoram Mountains in north and mighty Himalaya in south. But not everyone dares to undergo a bone-chilling experience at jaw-dropping altitude in this wondrous territory.
A lot many hill towns in North India also draw travelers in hordes, but when it comes to the most beautiful hill station in South India, Ooty holds the top position in the list. With its evergreen forests, salubrious temperature and mesmerizing flora-fauna, Ooty is a place you will quickly fall in love with.
Udhagamandalam was the original name of Ooty, which means the ‘house in mountains’. Once you’re there, you can easily comprehend why the city got this name. But it would be more feasible if you call it a ‘house in heaven’. Abundance of green gardens, tranquil lakes, breathtaking tea & coffee plantations and evergreen dense forests make Ooty truly a piece of heaven. Top-tourist attraction in Ooty is the Botanical garden, which covers an area of more than fifty acres and is home to above 650 species of plants and trees.
Ooty hotels cater accommodation as well as sightseeing needs. To make tour hassle free, several Ooty hotels offer package deals, which usually come with sightseeing, transfers and meals during the tour. All you need to do just choose a hotel which suits your needs perfectly. Natural beauty of place and salubrious weather entice many couples to celebrate their honeymoon. If you have been thinking of an Ooty tour in near future, following tips may come in handy.
· Ooty is a year-round destination, but October to June is best time to come here. Winters feature cool climate, with clear blue sky and calmness all around. For sightseeing, this is perhaps the most suitable time. A number of travelers, however, visit the hill station in summer for a hill-side break and several adventure activities that the area boasts. In December end, the region witnesses its first snow-fall.
· In the list of must-see attractions, the Botanical Garden obviously scores above the rests, but visit to Ooty Lake, mesmeric Todbetta Peak, St Stephan’s Church, Tribal Research Center and Lalitha Kala Academy is worthwhile. The mountain train journey on a ratchet and pinion track is added attraction for visitors.
· Tea and Tourism Festival which takes place every year in January is one of the most spectacular fests that Ooty celebrates with zeal and enthusiasm. The Summer Festival, which is held in May, is also a great chance to explore the city’s exotic flora, cultural programs and fashion shows.
· Best and comfortable outfit, when you visit here in summer, is cotton t-shirt and short. But in winter, don’t forget to carry woolen clothes, as nights are quite chilly at this mountainous town.
· Avoid drinking water from open unknown source. Buy bottled water instead, which is easily available everywhere.
write by Charity Hawk