The benefits of this oil have been known and used for centuries for various health issues as well as to maintain general health and well-being. If it did not provide any health benefits, it would not have stood the test of time. In terms of ovarian cyst natural treatment, using castor oil packs for ovarian cysts is one of the most popular home remedies for ovarian cyst treatment.
Why castor oil packs for ovarian cysts?
Castor oil is derived from the castor bean – Ricinus communis. This oil is a triglyceride with the most common fatty acid found in this oil being ricinoleic acid.
It is ricinoleic acid which is believed to be the reason for the many reported health benefits of castor oil. But you should be aware that there really isn’t much scientific research to support the use of castor oil as a health remedy and the benefits of it for these purposes. All the positive testimonials are mostly anecdotal.
As far as the current use of this particular oil for various ailments, it is the natural healer Egdar Cayce who spearheaded the use of this special oil in the early part of the last century and in particular the use of castor oil packs for the treatment of various health conditions such as constipation (taken orally or through the use of castor oil packs), for stimulating the immune system, for epilepsy, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, gynecological issues, and soon and so forth.
Castor oil packs and ovarian cysts
This oil is believed to be beneficial for the immune system through oral or topical application of this oil. Castor oil packs when used properly can help to improve and boost various components of the immune system. Using this pack has been shown in a few studies to increase the lymphocytes which are the disease fighting cells in the immune system. Lymphocytes help the body eliminate disease causing toxins as well as waste from the body.
When this part of the immune system is not functioning at its fullest potential, it causes a build up of these toxins and waste matter which can lead to inflammation which increases the risk of developing various diseases and conditions. Many holistic practitioners believe that ovarian cysts are the result of toxins that the body does not know how to properly eliminate and by increasing the amount of lymphocytes, more disease causing toxins can be eradicated.
In order to treat ovarian cysts, it is believed that improving the functioning of the immune system through the use of castor oil packs and the ricinoleic acid in this oil which has anti-inflammatory properties is thought to eliminate these cysts.
This oil has the unique ability to penetrate the skin in order to relax smooth muscle. This unique ability helps it penetrate the blood and lymph vessels, the uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, bowels, gall bladder, liver, etc, to correct any issues and improve performance.
A castor oil pack is placed on the skin to increase circulation as well as promote elimination and healing of the various tissues and organs that lie underneath the skin. This pack is used many times to stimulate the liver, reduce inflammation, relieve pain, increase lymphatic circulation, as well as improve digestion.
These packs help to increase the efficiency of circulation in the pelvic region. Good circulation in this region will ensure that supportive nutrients are delivered promptly to the cells, and that waste products and inflammatory factors are eliminated before they cause damage.
When you also place this pack over your liver area, it can help improve the performance of your liver which is a major waste removal organ. When your liver is functioning at optimal levels waste, toxins and excessive hormones will be eliminated in a timely manner.
What do you have to lose by incorporating castor oil packs if you are tormented by symptomatic cysts on the ovaries?
What is a castor oil pack?
These packs are very popular because they allow the various healing properties found in this oil to be absorbed directly through the skin in order to begin their healing work in the body.
Do note that you can also apply this oil directly on the skin without the use of a castor oil pack by simply rubbing some of the oil over the affected area of the skin but using castor oil packs is thought to work even better.
How to make a castor oil pack for ovarian cysts;
1. You need organic cold pressed castor oil. This oil is free of pesticides or other toxins and is best for use for ovarian cysts natural treatment.
2. You need a heating pad or hot water bottle. The heat is thought to help the healing properties of this oil penetrate the body more efficiently. The heat can also help relieve any pain and pressure you may be experiencing in the pelvic region especially when an ovarian cyst raptures.
3. You need a plastic wrap or garbage bags.
4. You also need cotton flannel or pieces of wool large enough to use over the abdomen.
5. An old towel or t-shirt (optional)
Applying a castor oil pack
1. To make sure that you are not allergic to this oil, you may want to perform a patch test first.
2. Fold the flannel or wool in thirds or use three separate pieces.
3. Soak the flannel or wool in this oil but the flannel or wool should not drip with oil.
4. Lie down in a supine position (face up) with your feet elevated with a pillow placed underneath your knees and feet.
5. Place the flannel soaked in castor oil over the affected area.
6. Cover with the plastic wrap.
7. Place the heating pad or hot water bottle on top of the plastic wrap.
8. In order to insulate the heat, you may want to cover the bottle or pad with the old towel or t-shirt.
9. Leave this castor oil pack on for 45 to 60 minutes and simply relax. You can even use this time to visualize and meditate upon your health and well-being.
10. Remove the pack and wash the oil off your skin with soap and water or a baking soda solution.
11. You can reuse this castor oil pack by storing this pack after use in a zip-lock bag and keeping it by your bedside or in a cupboard and use again as needed. Discard when the pack starts to change color or smell.
12. Use this pack for four days consecutively each week for up to a month and rest for the rest of the week. After a month, evaluate the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of this natural method.
1. Do not get into too much activity after administering a castor oil pack which is why it is sometimes best to do it just before you go to bed.
2. These packs can be very messy so do plan to wear old clothes or lie on old clothes that you keep separate from your regular clothes because castor oil can stain.
3. Unfortunately there isn’t any conclusive guidance on how long you should use the castor oil packs in order to obtain relief but a month is a reasonable time to evaluate the effectiveness of this holistic healing method and decide whether to continue treatment or whether to stop and try another method.
4. For those trying to get pregnant, castor oil packs are a bad idea as the heat used may interfere with your ability to get pregnant.
5. In addition, if you are on your period, avoid using this method.
Castor oil packs for ovarian cysts are definitely one of the popular methods recommended for those looking for effective ovarian cyst natural treatment methods. While this oil treatment for ovarian cysts has led to many positive results in many patients, it is important to remember that what may work for one may not work for another and vice versa.
write by John Davis